Enginaire Stainless and Aluminum Precleaners
How It Works
IMPORTANT : Precleaner selection must be based on engine air flow specifications, CFM of engine, not just by the inlet diameter, inches or centimeters, of air cleaner canister.
To select the correct size follow these steps:
Contact our sales team for expert assistance: email@example.com / 1-800-359-1704
1. Calculate required CFM (cubic feet / minute) using the equation below.
CFM 4 cycle engine = (RPM X Cub. Inch Displacement X Volumetric Efficiency) / 3456 . Metric Conversions : Liters of Engine X 61.02 = Cub. Inch Displac. (CID) Volum. Efficiency = Naturally Aspirated = 0.85 , Turbocharged = 1.60 , Turbo and After/Inner Cooled = 1.85
2. Determine which size(s) provide the appropriate airflow using the minimum and maximum CFM ranges in the product specifications table.
3. Measure the inlet tube diameter of the engine’s air cleaner canister. Precleaner is connected to this as first stage of filtration.
4. If the air cleaner inlet diameter is the same size as a recommended precleaner size (outlet diameter), per the charts, it will fit directly on top with no adapter.
5. If the inlet diameter of your air cleaner is different than recommended precleaner’s outlet diameter, you need to select a rubber or metal expansion or reduction adapter from the adapters pages.